Had a hike yesterday in Wildwood Park that was 3.8 miles. I forgot how big this park is. The hike was good for me. However the headache afterwards was probably dehydration and lack of cardio exercise, I do not wish to repeat… I’m going to drink lots of water tonight, and try it again tomorrow.
Off to the market to prepare for the week… Farmers market for organic local veggies, Wholefoods for the Flaxseed Milk that only they carry, Sprouts for the things that are cheaper than Wholefoods, and then Trader Joe’s for the staple items…. and even TJ Maxx for a bread pan need.
On my list of things to make today:
- Make quinoa bread for the sandwich I have been craving for a week now
- A veggie patty (or 6) to go in between the bread
- Humus for snack time.
In a food processor
- 1/2 can of garbanzo beans
- 1/2 can of black beans
- 1/2 cup of raw sunflower seeds (i recommend toasting for added flavor)
- 1/4 cup of dry roasted peas
- 1 table spoon of soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon of Xanthum Gum (or less, it’s sticky stuff)
- 2 table sp of dill
- 1 table sp of Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp of cumin
- 1/2 tsp paprika
Saute in olive oil
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 3 cloves of garlic (minced)
- 2 carrots (chopped)
- 3 mushrooms (to bind)
- 1 1/2 tsp of salt
- 1 1/2 tsp pepper
In one bowl mush it all together with your hands and form into patties. Not too thick, because they won’t cook all the way through. Let stand in refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours to firm up. When ready, put them on hot grill (medium flame) approx 4 to 5 min per side.
** Recipe Link to Queen Quinoa **